Wednesday 31 October 2012

Titles, tags and traffic...

A couple of weeks ago I was spurred on to put real effort into making my etsy shop work for me and start creating some real bussiness. So with that in mind I started to make some goals, firstly I need to get my shop known, and one of the ways I could do that was with my blog. (At first I only started this blog for my own benefit as a way of keeping a record of the pieces of jewellery I have made and I could refer to the blog as a list of my creations. Now I see the bigger picture and the potential of blogging...providing I can master it!) So where was I? Ah yes I was spurred on... One goal was to blog everyday, which I started to do, the first week. Ashamedly I confess it has waned, no excuses but I've also been trying really hard to add stock to my shop, create social media sites for my shop and increase traffic to my shop, and do all of this just in the hours that my little one is sleeping! (What did I say about not making excuses!) Anyway all of this is leaving my brain feeling rather frazzled! And all I keep thinking about is tags,tags,tags!!!! Tags are the bane of my life. Whats a tag you ask? Well until I opened my shop I had no idea what it was or what people were talking about when they said "you need to create traffic." Traffic? 'traffic is on the roads,' I thought, and normally I try to avoid it! Well if you have a website or online shop you will already know that tags are the keywords that you attach to your items so when people do online searches they can find your item. Traffic is what you want to create to your shop i.e. lots of people browsing your shop online from lots of different sources. (Even now as I talk about these things my mind goes fuzzy and I feel like lying down!) So at the moment I am working on increasing followers on my twiiter site: https://twitter.com/similar_to/RegaliaJeweller Creating boards and followers on my pinterest site: http://pinterest.com/regaliajewelery/ Creating followers on my etsy shop and increasing my items for sale. So far I have 12 items on my shop (my goal is 50!) I've been managing to add 1 or 2 a day. I know what your thinking "It could take a while," but there is alot involved in listing an item. Let me save that for another post! Anyway next goal (after fulfilling all the above) is to create a facebook account for my shop. I didn't want to create it until I had a good amount of stock in my shop for people to look at. What do you think should I wait to create it or not? Anyway I think I would feel more motivated and less overwhelmed if I had at least a few followers to my blog, then at least I would feel like someone is interested. (yes I want your pity! lol!) Okay anyway I need to get back to listing more items. If you want to make me smile I'd love to check my blog next time and see a new follower or 2... or even a comment! Heres hoping. x

No comments:

Post a Comment