Sunday 21 October 2012

Something other then jewellery

If I had all the time in the world I most likely would have 101 hobbies, not only do I love making jewellery but I also love all things textiles, art ect... pretty much anything creative, that also includes cooking and baking. Sometimes when I have been none stop making jewellery and my callused fingers and strained eyes need a brake I like to indulge in a good book or baking. Which leads me on to telling you about my latest little project that I started a few months ago, a reading group with my friends.

We all love reading and I'm always recommending books (I like to think I'm quite good at choosing books people like) so I thought it would be a nice social things to get together and chat about the book we have been reading. (sometimes 30% chat about book, 20% eat and drink and 50% chat about everything and anything else!) So as I was arranging it I hosted our first group, and because it was our first group I wanted to make it that little bit special. I must admit I had been checking out other people blogs and ideas for book clubs etc and I  got carried away wanting to copy all these amazing ideas I had seen other people do (and add a few of my own ideas) so our first book group became a bit of a party!

So I spent the week focused on my book group party all based around the obvious theme of books and reading.(and not jewellery) I made everyone their own book marks, I made table confetti, cake toppers, a Rosette, and cupcakes with book decorations on top made out of icing.


Looking now at the pictures I've taken I realise now that I should have moved the baby bouncer out of the frame. This makes me think generally when I take pictures I need to take a little bit more time to consider my composition, lighting etc... I love photography (another hobby) and really I should be ashamed of this picture because I know I could have made it better and if I had taken a little bit more time and patience I wouldn't be kicking myself now. I promise I can take better pictures have a look at my flickr site



We had a really great first book group and everyone enjoyed our first book "The Help"  Have you read this book? Did you enjoy it? Got any book you would recommend for us to read in our group?

So I know I deviated from all things beads and bling, but as all you crafters will agree sometimes you need to take a step away from what you enjoy and then come back to it with a fresh approach and clear head.


No comments:

Post a Comment