Tuesday 16 October 2012

Jewellery Party

So I've decided that a jewellery party would be a good idea to self promote and es also make some money (providing people like my jewellery and want to buy it! ...small detail) so a friend has offered to host a party for me. This now means there is no going back and I must work like a trojan to plough out enough items to have a good enough stock to show off and offer a wide enough choice.

Honestly I'm not sure what people do for jewellery parties (so if you have any ideas I'm all ears!!!) I was thinking of putting pictures of the pieces I've made onto a USB and if they have a TV I can plug it into then I could have a little slide show off pieces I have designed for commissions past and present etc in the background and then display all my pieces I brought with me on a table in front.

I thought I should separate my pieces into costume jewellery and gemstone/semiprecious jewellery, what do you think?

I also thought I could make jewellery party invites to give to the host to give out and on the invites I could say "if you have any broken jewellery that you made like to be fixed please bring it along for me to mend." I thought that would be a nice idea, as everyone has a special piece of jewellery that has got broken at some time and they want fixing.

Also I thought I should advertise the fact that I design and craft bespoke piece and if anyone wants to sit down with me to discuss producing a handcrafted one off piece then I could also offer that. (And make an order form???)

So these were some of my ideas, do you think I'm on the right track? Comment and let me know. Perhaps you do jewellery parties and you could give me some ideas or maybe you have been to one and have an idea of what works....

Great to here from you. By the way I've added a couple of new items to my etsy shop so be sure to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment