Thursday 18 October 2012

Beaded flower and kanzashi tutorial

Recently I was asked to make some more beaded hair pieces for two little girls to match their dresses, so I thought I would share with you the piece that I made for them.


One piece is like the red poppy I already blog a picture of. And the other hair piece is to go with a bright summer dress.

I really enjoy making flowers out of beads, it is time consuming and a little fiddly but the end results are always great.

Hope you like them, I'm always trying to think of other flowers that I could bead. (I made a really delicate vintage style rose beaded hair clip, but very bad of me I didn't take any pictures!) What other flowers do you think would be nice to bead? Have you made any yourself, I'd love to see some piccies if you have.

Something else I love doing and really appreciate is Kanzashi flowers. This blog called bitty bits & pieces shows you how to make some lovely kanzashi flowers, I followed the tutorial and found it really simple. I made some flowers and put them on headbands for my little one.

Also on etsy they have some lovely shops that make amazing kanzashi hair pieces. I put together this treasury list of some of my favourite. Have a look and let me know what you think....


Hope you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment